TRNC State Scholarship application for 2016-2017 fall semester is between 18 July – 13 August 2016. It is open for all foreign students except those who have TRNC or TR citizenship.
INFORMATION NOTE FOR ALL STUDENTS
CONTRACT FOR RECEIVING TRNC STATE SCHOLARSHIP
I. Coverage of the TRNC State Scholarship:
Scholarships granted by the TRNC to students from third countries (other than TRNC and Turkey) include tuition, dormitory fees plus 200 USD allowance (pocket money) per month.
II. The Scholarship Committee and Meetings:
- The Committee meetings are held twice a year, prior to the beginning of each semester, or as decided.
- All scholarship issues (i.e. evaluation of applications, extension/ termination of scholarships) are to be discussed and decided by the Scholarship Committee.
- Students can contact and forward any written request to the TRNC Ministry of National Education or The Ministry of Foreign Affairs for evaluation in the Scholarship Committee.
III. Duration of Scholarship:
- The scholarship covers the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Only those successful students who maintain an academic record (CGPA + GPA) above 2.00 may continue to maintain scholarship throughout their education. In all matters students have to file their request to the Scholarship Committee through the TRNC Ministry of National Education.
- The scholarship is valid only for the duration of the regular period of study.
- For undergraduate education (bachelor degree): 10 semesters (including preparatory classes)
- For graduate education (master degree): 4 semesters. (Including preparatory class)
IV. Maintenance of Scholarship:
- Registrations for scholarship holders will be accepted until up to one month after the university opens. Registrations made after this period will not be accepted and will be postponed to the following semester. The scholarship will be reserved for maximum one semester. If by the end of this period, however, the scholarship holder does not register at the university, the scholarship will be automatically cancelled.
- Scholarship holders who meet the necessary academic records for bachelor degree (CGPA+ GPA) above 2.00 and for master degree (CGPA + GPA 3.00) may continue to maintain scholarship throughout their education.
Following an evaluation at the end of each semester, a written warning will be sent by the TRNC Ministry of National Education via the universities’ register offices to those students who have not maintained the academic records required. Accordingly, undergraduate students whose CGPA and GPA are below 2.00 and graduate students whose CGPA and GPA are below 3.00 will be regarded as unsuccessful. Similarly, scholarship holders who fail to attend compulsory courses and receive warning or NA/ NG (non-attendance/nil grades) will be regarded as unsuccessful, too.
In this case, the scholarship will be extended for one more semester. If in the next semester scholarship holders are still unable to meet the necessary academic records, the scholarship will be automatically cancelled.
- For the summer school students have academic records indicated below, is expected to file their request to the Scholarship Committee:
- GPA of 3.00 or above and CGPA of 3.50 or above;
- GPA of 3.50 or above and CGPA of 3.00 or above.
- Transfer of scholarship students to another department/ university or leave of absence is subject to the necessary permission from the Scholarship Committee. If prior permission is not obtained, the scholarship will be terminated and the student’s right to a scholarship will be cancelled.
- Scholarship holders who attend preparatory classes have to complete their classes successfully. Otherwise, the scholarship will be terminated without prior warning.
- In the event of non-attendance, being discharged for an indefinite period for committing any disciplinary offence, or conviction of a shameful offence the scholarship will be terminated without prior warning, and the student’s right to a scholarship will be cancelled.
- In the event of scholarship holders’ having jobs with a regular income; the scholarship will be terminated upon the decision of the Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship holders having an academic record of 3.00 and above can apply to the Scholarship Committee for continuance of their studies at a Masters’ program.
- Scholarship holders, who need to go abroad during the academic year due to unforeseen/pressing reasons, have to deliver a written request to the TRNC Ministry of National Education, subject to the Committee decision. Those students who are leaving the TRNC without any prior permission will be dismissed from the scholarship list.
- The dormitory fees of those students who do not attend summer school, but who stay in the TRNC, will be paid, provided that an advance payment of their allowance is not requested by them. Requests for advance payments have to be directed to the Scholarship Committee through the TRNC Ministry of National Education.